perjantai 14. kesäkuuta 2013

Creatrix

I'm thinking of you again today,
imagining you see the same rain,
hear the same hammering on the roof
as I do, look outside and see
the landscape in all the shades of green
like I do, that you breath like I do,
make coffee, read some cheap
romance novel or one of the historical
novels that I bought you, never
finishing the series about Egypt
which I regret everytime I remember
them; you wanted hardcovers and
I bought one paperback after the
hardbacks and never more, and
it was a betrayal, one of those
little betrayals that grew into the
great betrayal, and ever since you
died I have understood well what
I always found odd, Robert E.
Howard's suicide. I read yesterday
about re-prints of Valérian and Laureline comics,
remembered  how you liked them,
how I liked them and now can't think of
them separately from you. You gave me
the love of reading, love of speculative
and all I gave you was disappointments
and not enough of my time. I thought
there would be, but then there was none
and even then I did not understand
to spend every minute I could
beside your bed. It was a debt I owed,
like the fulfillment of your dreams
about what I would become that I owed
and I betrayed you, betrayed you so
many times, you who carried me
nine months in you womb and
thirty-two years, four months, one day
and seven hours afterwards.

14.06.2013

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti