keskiviikko 28. marraskuuta 2018

THE RESURRECTED MAN

They flocked to him,
eager to know
what lay beyond,
what would wait
when the last breath
had been taken.

But he just shook his head,
smiled sadly, some
enormous sorrow
filling his being,
and could not say.

"Lazarus, tell us!"
they demanded.
"Will we live as shadows,
shall we sleep
without dreams?
Tell us!"

"I have no words,
he whispered,"
"to describe life,
I have no words
to describe death.
I, claimed by both,
part of neither."

"My waking hours
are spent among shadows,
my nights
memories of eternal cold.
What is life
and what is death?"

"Are you my last dream,
do I awaken
once again in the tomb,
to life, to death?
Or am I your dream
of shadow and light,
set to live
by the magician's hand?"

28.11.2018

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti