perjantai 27. syyskuuta 2019

AT THE END

At the end, when all is soon over
but for the long dusk
before the night falls,
I am drawn back
to those books that once,
decades and decades ago,
drew me on to foolish dreams
of a vague future of accomplishments
- a mirage of life worth living
that died a coward's death in retreat
to bastions of childhood, keeps
that couldn't have stood
what the world threw on their aged walls,
even if not betrayed from within
by the same blind fear;
embers in the twilight,
these printed memories,
set to to turn to ash.
It was not all in vain, no
- it was worse: The world
that cradled me, the loving
people that sheltered me,
gone in the flood waters
of my shattering mistakes,
drowned in endless silence
as I pathetically hid
in the memories of what I
degrared, betrayed
and destroyed.

27.09.2019

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti