tiistai 15. lokakuuta 2019

DIDN'T GO

I cancelled, didn't go - why should I
take that long walk there and back
just to hear pointless talk
from lips behind which
no knowledge of this exists?
Just an absolute vacuum of solutions.
It's a theatre of the absurd, a charade
worthy of Beckett and Ionesco
and so forth, a facade acted out
so that all can go on pretending
- except you, who flew away.
And for what?

So I laid on the bed in your scent,
with the cats on my side,
surfed the web until slept
again till night had fallen,
awakened from seeing their
dead faces alive again,
and it was dark, the pale light
of the brown and gray day
no longer whispering
of what should have been
and what was not done.

Purgatory of the starless autumn
night had engulfed the hell of
the bleak October day
and already I cursed the weak,
pointless dawn to come.

15.10.2019

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti