tiistai 11. elokuuta 2020

THE RENEWING OF THE WORLD

1
I know that when I am gone,
and become dust with your bones and ash,
the summer Sun will shine as bright as then,
snows shall glitter as scattered diamonds
under the glowing winter Moon, and
rainbows shall arch across the skies
when all smells fresh after spring rain.

I know that, but I also bitterly know
that after you went, the pale Sun
has never shined as bright,
the snowfields have been dim under a lesser Moon
and no rainbow has crossed the sky
when the cold, hard rain has stopped falling
and I have smelled decay in the air.

2
The world awaits its renewal
on the day after the impaired senses
and the despairing mind
have found what they shall call peace
when they encase the remains in the soil.
The Sun shall shine bright,
rain shall fall and the grass growing
shall smell good to passer-by's,
and the snow shall glitter when the
winter Moon drowns the stars,
but I, I shall not have
back what is now achingly gone,
I shall have not peace in the grave,
for I shall not be.

11.08.2020

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti