torstai 3. kesäkuuta 2021

DUBLIN III

 In the summer night
I sit listening to distant complaints,
this voice that just won't stop,
while my mind is full of relief
and gladness
over two foolish escape artist
felines back in the fold,
and your birthday
is approaching,
and I should be listening
to you, not this poor being
imprisoned in a prison
cell of his mind,
with an unlocked, opened
door and he can't leave,
because misery and suffering
is the safe
iron maiden womb
of his existence,
and he can't leave
its spiked shelter
for the uncertain world,
because what would
he be without his pain
and fear?
Instead of this,
this act of playing some kind of
Catholic priest listening to
litany of hopelessness instead of sins,
this occasional saying
of a word in the flood
of his endless repeating
of the same dreadful things,
instead of listening
how there is no way out,
how this being
has no rights,
again and again and again,
I should be doing
something for you,
and he just keeps repeating
the same things
I have listened to
since November,
but someone has to,
even when this clinging
being, this desperate suicide
artist, will never
leave that cell
he beliefs
he is in.
Because who I am
to send him to
his death,
this moth circling
the flame,
when I have sent
people I loved?

03.06.2021

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti