maanantai 5. joulukuuta 2022

MY MIRAGES

I
 It's not that nothing
in this world
was meant for me,

it's that I reached
for them anyway,
and others paid

for these mirages of mine
with their happiness
and their lives.

That spawned the pain
which wrecks
these worthless days.

If only I would have
stept aside and left them be,
but wishes are my mirages.

II
I should have remembered
the knowledge I once had,
and faced the rising tide,

let it come and others live,
let them live and be,
not pay for mirages of mine.

I should, I should,
but wanted an another role,
not be the meek who stands aside,

and so others paid,
and pain now wrecks
my worthless days.

I wish I would
have left them be,
but wishes are my mirages.

III
Let others live,
and let the tide
come,

don't be a thief
of their hope,
step aside,

let them sail
with dreams intact
to some other,

better fate,
never wasting
a thought

for you,
facing the tide
alone.

05.12.2022


#Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti