maanantai 11. maaliskuuta 2024

ONE STATE SOLUTION

I feel no different towards
Jews now than before
the genocide in Palestine began;
it's not the fault of Jews.
It's the fault of Israel,
it's the fault of all the other countries,
all the people and organizations
which support Israel.

It's not the fault of Jews, 
but it's the fault of the state of Israel,
and I feel differently towards
the two state solution
now. I supported it as
the least worst short-term
option. Now even writing
that feels wrong.

I don't want Israel to survive,
even if it would be pragmatic
in the short-term.
It doesn't matter what I want,
as an outsider,
what matters is saving lives,
ending the genocide,
ending the occupation,
ending the Apartheid.

But I don't want Israel to survive.
I want a one state solution,
a democratic, multinational state.
Writing that feels now more right
than ever before.

11.03.2024


#Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti