maanantai 18. joulukuuta 2017

TO MY FATHER, LOST FOR 324 DAYS

Yesterday you would have been 70.
Today it's 138 years from the birth of your grandmother
you never saw; the maternal one -
you didn't see your paternal one either,
neither your paternal grandfather.
Your grandson will never see you,
your grandson 28 days old
on whose face I see you.
We have him, we have
your grand-daughter who asked,
when told of your death,
why couldn't your heart be replaced?
Why couldn't you be brought back,
made good and given back to us.
I ask the same
and I ask myself
why didn't I listen to what you said that night,
why did I sent to your bed
and to your death
with a magnesium pill and a glass of water
when I always, always
looked your symptoms online otherwise.
One day I have to tell your
grand-daughter and grandson of that night.

18.12.2017

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti