sunnuntai 21. maaliskuuta 2021

FOR DEATH IS INVINCIBLE

 Perhaps,
when you read these
words, these sentences,
this poem weaved out of them,
I will be dead and gone,
and only my words,
only my sentences,
only my poem
will speak to you.
It matters not.

My poem,
as mortal as myself,
set to die a death
as total as my own,
will speak to you,
you will speak to it,
and a bridge
will reach from this
moment of writing
to the moment
of reading.

A wormhole of words
through time.

It won't conquer death,
for death is invincible,
yet it will push back
death's triumph
for the moment
of reading,
will hid a fragment
of the sentences
in your mind,
refugee from my
act of writing.

It will die
when you cease
to be,
it will be dead and gone
when your mind
is with mine
in the cool dust.

For death
is invincible.

21.03.2021

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti