perjantai 30. elokuuta 2019

A CONEY ISLAND OF THE MIND

Reading Ferlinghetti on my way
to the apothecary, I meet
a dog and his human
in the ravine before
the bridge over the falls,
the human trying to
move on, but the dog
enthralled by scents
stands enraptured
as I walk past reading
about San Francisco
and New York
and wondering
why Ferlinghetti thought
that Praxiteles
died at twenty-eight?

I walk over the bridge
over which
my own dog,
death in her body of
furry love,
refused to cross
on a winter night,
I walk over
water streaming
over rocks
that are always
the same -
it's not the water,
Heraclitus,
which makes
a river,
it's these cliffs
and rocks
and banks
that are the river.
The water,
like we humans
in the world,
is just
passing through,
movement
in the river,
like we
are movement
in time.

As an orphan
I will come
to my death.

30.08.2019

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti