keskiviikko 14. elokuuta 2019

EACH MORNING, THIS PAIN

Each morning this physical
pain in the abdomen
a manifestation of
the mental anguish
as it all comes back
with consciousness;
I remember thinking
how it was for you
the waking into impending
mortality, you
beloved one who left
first; it must have
had something of this,
only stronger, more
hopeless. To
you, also beloved who
left later,
suddenly, if hours
of chance lost
is that and not
time extending endlessly
until it touches
the brane of my own dying,
I woke you from your
dying sleep to your death,
to a moment like the
one I live in on each morning,
only you had lost words
before that fading of breath
yet your eyes speak
still to me of that
moment's knowledge.
Your absence in the fabric
of existence has
shredded what remains
and sharp, spiked shards
of what was tear my guts.

14.08.2019

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti