tiistai 7. marraskuuta 2023

A MEMORY FROM MY ADOLESCENCE

I vividly remember how once leaving
school in my mid-teens, I sat in a bus
standing on a bus stop, as people slowly
flowed in, gazing at the small town street,
when a blonde woman, perhaps around
thirty, a cute looking ordinary young
woman (to my now middle-aged self),
came walking briskly down the opposing
sidewalk, approaching under trees in full
dark green leaf, her red dress flowing,
a bag hanging from a shoulder in a long
strap. At first she was to my bored
mind yet another person towards whom
had no interest beyond observing their
existence, and then I suddenly noticed her
ample cleavage, the big breasts bouncing 
so that even knew immediately there
was no bra binding them, my hungering
eyes fixed in their rapid movement up
and down and sideways. beckoning; 
I hadn't seen a more lovely bosom.
Yet, after five or six seconds or so
I turned my gaze away, sheepishly,
ashamed of myself, feeling I had done
some terrible act by observing her
as I did, becoming a dirty Peeping
Tom, a filthy beast, like those boys
who had made a hole in the wall
between showers in the school.
I had no right to oogle her, that was
sureand now, my aged self thinks
why didn't you keep watching, you stupid
adolescent boy. Ten more seconds,
most, and she would have been beyond
your window, and your life, forever,
her flesh to be touched by more mature
hands of her own choosing, hands
that would know what to do with them. 
Ten more seconds of bountiful movement
that wouldn't have harmed anyone,
delighted you, if you would have been
me. But you weren't, blushing there.
She wouldn't have known nor cared;
her face looking determined, some
suddenly horny schoolboy gazing
at her bosom hardly concerning her,
one who probably had forgotten
to do the laundry, was in a hurry,
and thought little of mammary glands
moving up and down unbound
when more important things called.
Too much is made out of breasts
and all other parts of human flesh.
Yet, thirty years later she still walks
briskly down that street in my
memory, forever young, her big
breasts bouncing as she goes.
I rather think she would laugh
if she would know, shake her
head, and think no more of it, as
men, young and old, are fools.

22.10.-07.11.2023


#Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti