sunnuntai 19. toukokuuta 2019

SPENDING AN EVENING BESIDE THE NURSING HOME

The world has ended, the world has ended for me,
yet this warm May evening
sitting on the bench in the sun
as the shadows lengthen,
drinking coffee
has its charm.
Yet the lost
are not far; thirty meters
and there they are,
in the buildings where their lives
in different ways
took their final paths.
I feel that there they are:
one in bed, another
working in another room
beside another bed, 
waiting. Waiting
for me to stand up,
walk fifty meters
to the main door,
go inside
and meet them.
If I stand
up,
if I stand
up
and walk
to that glass door
and open it,
If I
let my feet know the way
on those corridors
to them, then
I know,
I know
I am dead.
How I
wish I would
stand up
and walk
there.

19.05.2019

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti