tiistai 26. toukokuuta 2020

AWAKENING

It might be rain
I hear
from beyond
the drawn curtains
in this dusty
twilight,
to which I awoke
inside the
cage I locked
myself in;
apartmental dusk
that tells little -
light & time
are divorced in
the early summer,
clock on the wall
long stopped.

It might be rain
I hear,
a slow, lazy
rain began
on some lost,
unheard moment,
going on far after
I have vanished
back into the
nightmare of sleep
where the dead
in their Hadean
gloom linger;
bitter visitors
who tell what
awaits back in the cage.

It might be rain
I hear,
sound alone
telling
of the world
that exists
beyond this
little hell
I so clumsily build.
If I could
but go
and smell the air
and feel
the cold
raindrops,
breeze that I
raise in my imagination...
The new grass
and weeds
that must grow
rampant...
If I only could -
but I can't.

26.05.2020

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti