maanantai 17. kesäkuuta 2024

FORGOTTEN HISTORY

Sitting in the small park where twenty years ago was
drowned a man my mother in her youth knew - moved
in the  same circles, on the cusp of full adulthood - 
I'm wasting time until clock reaches close to four; 
otherwise the milk I'm going to buy might spoil 
in this 27 degrees heat before I would get home.
The pond does cool the air a bit. All the drunks
then sitting here just watched as a 21-year-old,
just out of prison for killing another man, dragged
his victim in the pond and pushed under water, keeping
his head under until he was dead. The local
court gave the killer 2 years, raised to 4 years
and 2 months in a district court after the prosecutor
appealed. Out in half. I have twenty minutes
still before walking to the store.

17.06.2024

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti