tiistai 18. kesäkuuta 2024

THESE POEMS ARE MEANT TO BE READ

- But what if people will read what you have written?
They would be appalled! All that.... you know.
Should you really leave it here, at display?

- That's kind the point in writing, that it's done to be read.
Why write else? I want these to be read, and if readers are
appalled... That's a reaction. It hasn't left them indifferent,
that's good.

- But what if they laugh? And not in a kind way. What if... 

- If they laugh, they laugh. If unkindly, so what? If they
cry, they cry. They read, it had an effect, they reacted.
I reached my goal.

- And if it shocks readers? All that...

- Then it shocks? What of it? It elicits a reaction, it works.
I haven't wasted my time. I haven't wasted their time.

- I mean these don't leave you looking good...

- Why sould they? Not that I care. They are not for massaging
my ego. They are for massaging the mind of the reader, getting
it moving, swirling with thoughts.

- But is it any good, your poetry? Any of it?

- Some of it, I believe. But who am I to judge myself? Read
and be the judge. Be the executioner.

18.06.2024


#Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti