keskiviikko 14. elokuuta 2024

ONE CAN'T JUST LOOK AND BE SATISFIED

Opening the images, gifts made for herself,
gifts shared and which I cherish, driven
by the tingling, thrilling feeling mere thought
of them evoked, I'm thinking how I turn these
very personal images of victory, the goddess Nike
manifest in life and flesh, into my own pleasure,
from the first aesthetic one in memory that brings
the thrilling sense and leads to lust, to this hasty
schoolboy fumbling with the belt and the zipper.
There is guilt there in this knowledge, the use
beauty embedded with deeper meaning is given,
but mere gaze and memory is not enough; I can't
but feel desire, seeing them, and each moment
spend looking just feeds the blaze.

14.08.2024


Poem Poems Poetry Verse
#Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti