lauantai 21. syyskuuta 2024

A PROSE POEM ON THE SUPPORTERS OF AWFUL REGIMES

No one ever asks me if I feel sympathy towards the Chinese when challenging my support for Tibet and East Turkestan, no one ever asks me if I feel sympathy towards the Indonesians when challenging my support for West Papua, no one ever asks me if I feel sympathy towards the Moroccans when challenging my support for Western Sahara, no one ever asks me if I feel sympathy towards the Arab tribes in Darfur when challenging my support for the Masalit and other people suffering a second genocide in Sudan's Darfur, no one ever asks me if I feel sympathy towards the Chinese, Indians or Pakistanis when challenging my support for the independence of Kashmir, no one ever asks me if I feel sympathy towards the Russians when challenging my support for Belarus and Chechnya. It's only the supporters of the Israeli regime who, when challenging my support for Palestine, vocally demand to hear whether I support the 'ordinary' Israelis, claimed by them to be 'suffering' from the response to the atrocities their regime commits. All the the rest have their terrible excuses why their regimes should be allowed to oppress their victims, but only the supporters of the Israeli regime demand that the critics of its war crimes show sympathy to the people who have chosen the regime to rule over them and which commits atrocities in their name.

21.09.2024

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti