lauantai 3. elokuuta 2024

06:42-06:52

A faint breeze... I wrote that six hours ago,
when all was black outside in the night
and I felt a faint breeze through
the open window. And that was it.
I had nothing, not a single thought,
with which to continue the poem,
my mind black waters of the night,
unreflecting, unmoving, bottomless.
Now, as I sit before the same, still
open window, and it's bright morning
outside, I have thoughts swirling
in my mind, thanks to reading
for five hours. And there's even
a distant sound in the landscape,
when the night lacked all sounds:
cars on the highway, their sound
little more than hum of metal
insects yet a sound that breaks
solipsism. And now there's even
a faint breeze, again, as I drink
last of my almost cold coffee.

03.08.2024


Poem Poems Poetry Verse
#Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti